This privacy notice tells you how Dee Valley Vets will collect and process your personal data if you register as a client, purchase our services and products, and use our website.
Dee Valley Vets is a mixed veterinary practice dealing with all species of animal. We are based in Llangollen with surgeries in Corwen, Acrefair and St Martins. Our number one priority is the health and wellbeing of our patients, and we offer a range of services that include diagnosing and treating sick and injured animals, providing preventative and general healthcare treatment and advice, and we offer a range of related products for purchase.
Who to contact regarding your personal data
We take your privacy seriously. Our Data Protection Manager looks after data protection and would be happy to answer any of your questions about this privacy notice and how Dee Valley Vets uses your data – you can contact them at [email protected] or on 01978 860246.
The personal data we collect and process
There are four main ways we process the personal data you provide. We endeavour to keep this information accurate and up to date, and not keep it longer than is necessary.
- To administer your account as a surgery client
In order to provide our service effectively and ensure the best possible care for your pet, we need to collect and process the following personal data when we register you as a client.
This personal data will be used for the following services and purposes:
- To administer your account and provide the products and services you have requested from us. For example, invoicing, calling to change an appointment and to keep a record for legal and accounting purposes.
- To inform you of service information about the practice by email. For example, notification of seasonal opening times or changes to out of hours availability.
- If you have pet insurance and you wish to make a claim, we will pass on your pet’s clinical history with your name and address to your insurance company to allow them to process your claim.
- If we take any samples for laboratory analysis, we send the sample to Axiom, APHA, SAC or Biobest and provide your animal’s name, surname and address for identification purposes only.
- To send you marketing communications as a surgery client
We send all our clients the following marketing communications:
- Reminders for vaccinations and administering preventative healthcare treatments.
- News information on pet care, like top tips for exercise and health checks you can do yourself or farm animal newsletters
- Information about events run by Dee Valley Vets.
- Promotions and the latest product offers relating to your animals.
Clients find these communications useful in administering care to their pets and to keep up-to-date with what is going on at the surgery. They are only sent to existing clients who can opt-out at any time.
The personal data we process for these communications is full name, address, email address and telephone numbers.
We would like our clients to enjoy these communications, so it’s important to note that you can opt-out at any time by:
⦁ Calling our team at the surgery on 01978860246.
⦁ Dropping into the surgery and speaking to a member of our team.
- To share with veterinary related 3rd parties WITH your consent
There will be occasions where we will need to ask for your consent to share your personal data with a 3rd party:
- If you would like your pet to be referred to a specialist veterinary surgeon, we will provide them with your pet’s clinical history with your name, address, phone numbers and email address to enable them to confirm your referral appointment.
- Should you wish to move to an alternative veterinary surgery, we will provide your pet’s clinical history with your name and address to your new vets before closing your account.
- Should you wish to microchip your pet, we register your name, address and contact number with the microchip provider. Note that microchipping dogs is a legal requirement and we share your personal data in this case under a legal obligation to do so.
- Should you wish to purchase a dog tag, we will provide your name for identification and your contact number for engraving to the dog tag provider.
Dee Valley Vets will not pass on your personal data to any third parties without your consent unless the law requires us to do so. We do not provide any personal data to the suppliers of the medicines we administer or the pet care products we sell.
- When you use our deevalleyvets.com or rhynparkvets.com websites
When someone visits deevalleyvets.com or rhynparkvets.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things like the number of visitors to the various parts of the website. This information is processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
Dee Valley Vets uses a third party service to help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses (a number assigned to each of your devices connected to the internet by your broadband provider) of visitors to the Dee Valley Vets websites.
- When you attend our events or enter our competitions and are not a registered client
The personal data we collect for sign-up to our events will typically be full name, phone numbers and email address, so that we can contact you regarding the event. if you are not a registered client of Dee Valley Vets we will not add you to our client database or send you emails about our products and services unless you request us to or we gain your consent to do so.
The personal data we collect for entry to our competitions will depend on the rules and requirements of the competition, but will typically include your name, email address and phone numbers so that we can contact you about the competition. We will make entrants aware of the specific terms and conditions related to the competition. If you are not a registered client of Dee Valley Vets we will not add you to our client database or send you emails about our products and services unless you request us to or we gain your consent to do so. Once the competition has been completely closed and followed up, the data is deleted in line with Dee Valley Vets procedures.
Disclosure of personal data to our service providers
We may pass on your personal data to service providers contracted to Dee Valley Vets in the course of dealing with you. They act as a data processor on our behalf and are obliged under contract to keep your details secure, and only use them to fulfil the services they provide on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they dispose of it in line with Dee Valley Vets procedures.
How long do we process your data for?
Dee Valley Vets is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes.
In order to comply with our professional liability insurance, we keep and securely store past clients records for seven years. This includes full name, address, email address and telephone numbers, but excludes bank account details.
We will only process your personal data whilst you are a client. After two years of inactivity we will email or call clients to prompt them to see if they wish to remain as a client. If there has been no activity for two years and six months, and no response to our enquiries we will close the client’s account and archive the data.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
You can do that by calling 01978 860246. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
tell you why we are holding it
tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
Please note that you will need to provide proof of identity – a current passport or driving licence.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Dee Valley Vets refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
We take the processing of your personal data very seriously and are here to help with any concerns you may have. Please do contact the Data Protection Manager at 01978 860246.
If you are still not happy with how your personal data is being processed by Dee Valley Vets or how your complaint has been handled, you also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling 0303 123 1113.